Monday, August 9, 2010

Ranch Oyster Crackers














Looking for a quick and easy snack food that's different from the ordinary? Well, here it is! I have had these a few times at parties and always love them. When I found out how easy it is to make them, I was thrilled! I don't make them often because they're addicting, but they are also SO simple! They take about 25 minutes from start to finish to make and are delicious! The perfect snack for a party or just to have around your house. Oyster crackers are not something that I typically snack on, but this makes them irresistible.

1 package ranch dressing mix (I typically use Hidden Valley Ranch)
1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
1/4 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
 1 bag oyster crackers (about 6 cups)
1/4 cup canola oil

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F

In a large mixing bowl, combine the ranch seasoning mix, dill, lemon pepper, garlic powder and canola oil. Gently mix in the oyster crackers until well coated.

Spread the crackers onto a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, stirring carefully halfway through. Crackers will be golden brown when finished. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container for about a week if you're lucky enough to have them last that long!

Recipe is slightly adapted from Allrecipes

1 comment:

  1. I make these too!!! I love them and you're right it is hard to stop eating them once you start. :)

    ReplyDelete