Sunday, May 9, 2010

A new recipe

It has become a recent goal of mine to try a new recipe each week. We've gotten ourselves into a rut lately- eating the same meals over and over again- and it's boring! So, we have tried a new recipe each week for the past 3 weeks. It's enlightening, like reading a new book or watching a new movie. It's also exciting- at least when the recipe is delicious!

I have to say that my favorite recipe that we have tried lately was this one from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/balsamic-chicken-with-baby-spinach-recipe/index.html from Ellie Krieger. Ellie is one of my favorite chefs on the food network. She's definitely not one of the most popular, but she has delicious, healthy recipes that don't make you feel guilty about eating yummy meals! I love that she gives you suggestions on how to make your favorite meals and allows you to eat chocolate and salty snacks- just healthier ones! This chicken is sweet and flavorful and the sauteed spinach makes a gorgeous side dish. The balsamic vinegar adds a unique touch to an easy chicken dinner. This is easy enough to make on a weeknight, but delicious enough for company. Try it and you won't be sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sara, this is a great idea for a blog! I'm always trying to find new recipes, so I'll definitely be following you. I'm going to try this one this week!

    ReplyDelete